Friday, January 15, 2016

[15-Jan-2015] Canucks: CHECK! Who's next?! Also... Ovi and Gretzky.

Last night at the Verizon Center, I attended an awesome hockey game.

The Caps defeated the Vancouver Canucks with a final score of 4-1, and the 'Nucks needed a two-man advantage for all but one second of two full minutes before they could get a puck past the HoltBEAST(tm). I'd say, offhand, that it was a damn good hockey game. So, from yesterday's post, I can now move the Canucks into the list of teams the Capitals have faced and conquered. 

Did I mention yesterday that there are only TWO teams in the NHL that have beaten the Caps this season that we have not also defeated?

Those teams are the Dallas Stars (#2 with 62 points to the Caps' 69) and the San Jose Sharks (#18 with 46 points).

There remain four teams that the Caps have yet to face. 
  • Arizona Coyotes (#11, 49 points)
  • Los Angeles Kings (#4, 57 points)
  • Minnesota Wild (#9, 52 points)
  • St. Louis Blues (#6, 57 points)
The only thing I can say about this team is WOW. Just. WOW.

As for Ovechkin and Gretzky... two articles came out yesterday:

Could Ovechkin ever catch Gretzky?
Is Alex Ovechkin better than Wayne Gretzky?

So people are sitting up and taking notice. I really, truly want to see this happen. I want Ovi to beat Gretzky's record, so very badly. If he can keep going... if he plays until he is Jagr's age... I can see it happening.

No comments:

Followers

About Me

My photo
Laurel, MD, United States